The preferred data upload method used by Trustfull is batch transfer over an S3 bucket.
Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service offering industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
All the buckets used to store customer data are fiscally separate and encryption is enabled both at rest and in transit.
In order to proceed with an upload, your private bucket must first be created.
After you reach out to your account manager they will provide the following information:
- App key
- Bucket Name
The above parameters are used to connect with the AWS S3 service.
The bucket can be created in any of the available AWS regions, you can look at the current regions here
Alternatively, if you prefer to access via browser, you will be also provided with:
- Link to the AWS web console
Each row of the .csv file must contain the data points required, in separate columns:
- app_key: provided app key
- customer_id: an internal string you use to identify each user/request/transaction. Please note that customer_id must be unique. Multiple rows with the same customer_id will be not processed.
- first_name: first name of the user
- last_name: last name of the user
- ip: the IP address of the user, no data center/server
- user_agent: User agent of the browser performing the request
- phone_number: The mobile phone number of the user. The expected format is international. With leading country-code and without zeros or '+' symbol (e.g. 393471122333)
- email: the email address of the user
app_key,customer_id,first_name,last_name,email,phone_number,ip,user_agent FIDO-XXX,18590357,Francesco,Galli,[email protected],393394554546,192.168.0.1,Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.93 Safari/537.36
If your operating system of choice is Unix based you can then proceed with an upload using AWS CLI commands, more info can be found here:
An example using the CP command:
aws s3 cp ./a_file_name.csv s3://a_bucket_name/a_file_name.csv
Another example using the SYNC command:
aws s3 sync ./a_folder s3://a_bucket_name/a_folder
If you use Windows, just download S3 Browser, Once done, just follow the instructions:
Step 1: you’ll be asked to provide the KEY and the secret, then click to “Add new account”
Step 2: you’ll be asked to add an External Bucket, please click YES
Step 3: you’ll be asked to provide the Bucket Name, then click on “Add External bucket”
You should be able to see your bucket folder and upload/download any file.
Step 1. Use provided link to access AWS console, use "modata" as account id.
Step 2. Use provided credential to authenticate
Step 3. From S3 console click on Upload
Step 4. Upload desired file and confirm
Updated about 1 month ago